What are your ideas about YouTube and the advertising you see there? Have you thought about how YouTube can be an advertising resource without ads? How valuable could YouTube be to your marketing or promotional efforts? Maybe starting with a few numbers straight from the YouTube site will get us into the right marketing frame of mind:
- Over 800 million unique users visit YouTube each month
- Over 4 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube
- 72 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
- 70% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the US
- YouTube is localized in 43 countries and across 60 languages
- In 2011, YouTube had more than 1 trillion views or around 140 views for every person on Earth
- Millions of subscriptions happen each day. Subscriptions allow you to connect with someone you’re interested in — whether it’s a friend, or the NBA — and keep up on their activity on the site
Okay, video is major, and YouTube is the major place to view video. So, it naturally follows that marketing with YouTube can be one of the best decisions you can make as an Internet advertiser. That’s whether you’re just using video to drive traffic to your business site, take visitors to affiliate marketing sites or blogs, or actually generating income from ads running on your YouTube videos. YouTube is a gigantic marketplace, and guess what? There’s a gigantic amount of marketing expertise and technique involved in using it properly. That’s why we’ve created our YouTube Advertising course, to cut through to the necessary tools and knowledge you need to use YouTube and video successfully in your business…no matter what your business.
- Course Introduction – From why you need YouTube through creating video and promoting your videos, this is an overview to get you in the right mode for the remainder of the course.
- YouTube for Business – Clear and compelling factors that illustrate the value of YouTube to businesses, from the global reach through product and service demonstration through interaction with customers, we cover it all.
- Comparison to Other Advertising – Whether it’s television, radio, social media, or print advertising, we’ll walk you through the differences that make YouTube so powerful.
- Creating a Video – This is a major module with many sections, as we give you step-by-step instructions in creating video or outsourcing the production of video for your business.
- Promoting Your Video – Another very large module, this one gives you tested strategies and techniques to get viewers to your video, as its power will multiply as you increase its popularity and audience.